Wednesday, January 10, 2007

German beer is the shizzle!

Ok, So Monday i went on a trip, it also turned out to be my land ladys birthday! :)

My landlady turned 71. she is the nicest german lady i've ever met. She is so kind to me. She left some cake outside of my door (i live in the apartment above her.) and i brought it in, but it was late so i didn't get to talk to her about it. Tonight she noticed my light on, and she came up and brought me two nice german beers leftover from her party!

I am trying to not drink as much. I used to spend 100 euro every friday and 100 euro every saturday. :( I was binge drinking, consorting with the wrong people and doing bad things. This started when i first moved to Germany. :/. but Luckily the last few months i've been pretty clean about drinking. But when i have let myself 'hang loose', i went back to my old ways. on new years eve I drank a half a liter of vodka by myself. O_o. but this is only 2 beers, i'll be fine. :)

German beer is quite a bit stronger than American beer. especially if you're not used to drinking it. I'm not even done with 1 and I am feeling a buzz.

the Strongest beer i've ever had was beer from Belgium. It was one of those beers that the Monks make. My supervisors wife works up in belgium, so he visits almost every other weekend. (it's a 3 hour drive or so from where we live in germany.) It was delicious.. I only had one glass (german style .5 liter beer glass.) and i was buzzing.

I suggest it. :)

And if you're ever out in Germany and not a psycho killer... we should get together for some Schnitzel and Beers. :)

This saturday there is a train to Koln (cologne, we english speakers call it). it's only 12 euro, and it will give me a lot more pictures to share with my new found Chinese language exchange friends.

I sent out a ton of messages on this polyglot language exchange place. in the course of a day 4 seperate people replied back! and they all have wonderful personalities and really want to learn english and help me with chinese. I think this is a great opportunity to help people and learn a lot about their culture.

One of the people is a self described 'poor' person and says there's no time for fun in her town. But she likes japanese Anime. She was really amazed to find out that I also like Anime! I think sometimes people get so hung up on 'american' 'chinese' 'iraqi' 'french' they forget.. we're all humans and a lot of us enjoy the same things! even if not everyone loves anime.. i'm sure everyone at one point or another in their lives like cartoons.

ok.. till next time!

I really hope somebody reads these someday.. i feel weird writing about things that noone is going to care about. but oh well. maybe someone somewhere will enjoy a little bit of my life. :)

No comments: