Saturday, January 13, 2007

It's been a while!

Hmm, since last posting, i have done a bit more. but nothing mind blowing or so awesome that I had to write about it.

Lets see, I finally got a chance to talk to my grandfather on the telephone. He was recently diagnosed with cancer. He has it in 2 spots. one in his lungs and one on his back. They are not sure if it is the same cancer or different. If it is the same cancer, it has spread too far and they can only hope for the best. But if it is 2 seperate types of cancer, there is a chance they can treat him. Wednesday they did a biopsy to get samples to test.

Work sucked this week, as usual.

I was going to go on a trip today to Cologne. But, i didn't. :( I always get myself so worked up to do things, and then just let it drift away. I spent the day studying chinese, reading blogs, researching a new digital camera, playing nintendo DS and shopping.

I bought two 20 lbs dumbells to work out at home, and a Racquettball racquett. I love playing that game. I actually stay in my physical training gear LONGER to hang out in the gym and play after i'm done running or doing whatever stupid organized PT the military makes me do. The gym has horrible quality sporting goods and in the short time it takes to check a raqeut out, all the courts could be filled up.

I watched a couple movies this week.

Little miss sunshine : this movie was outstanding. Very dark comedy, some of it being subtle and kind of in the background. But it was more than a comedy. I think the interaction between the characters was much more important. a lot of people I know slagged this movie. I don't think they picked up on a lot of the movie. hmm, oh well.

The Illusionist : long winded, but if you made it through, it was enjoyable. nothing breathtaking. Ed Norton is a fine actor. :)

Children of Men : I was bored friday night, So I checked the movie listings for the german theater and this was playing as the late showing. Man, I'm going to have to see this again. It's a very grim movie set in the future. I enjoyed how the movie portrayed hope and how bleak the world can be. some of it might be too obvious, i don't know. I thought it was a fresh science fiction movie. a genre that needed a good movie recently. :)

hmm.. oh yeah..and i finally saw the 'dick in the box' video from saturday night live. Andy Samburg is a genius. :D. 'mad props' to justin timberlake for singing that crazy song. haha.

for those who haven't seen it.

No comments: